Monday, January 4, 2010

Introspection Series: On Communication

My thoughts seem to yield only to the gentle coaxing of my pen ( yes pen). It is not that they won't submit to other agents of persuasion, but they would do so guardedly, cautiously.

I can't tell i the incoherence and sputtering paroxysms i my intellect in insufficiency or sloth. But I hear it being said often that people who are somewhat incapacitated in verbal expression find comfort and release in the pen or keyboard.

Personal expression goes through a rigorous editorial process, thereby allowing for a message to be delivered elegantly. But it makes me wonder, does the distortion of the thought take place when it is ejected with little processing or when it is sandpapered, filed, chiseled, and polished? When do the grains look better?

Now that gives us some semblance of an answer. I don't really care for the authenticity of thought being conveyed, more its appearance. And perhaps rightly so for thought is not static. Unlike the grains of wood, it doesn't wait patiently while it is being groomed, or distilled. It changes constantly. And it is not in the capacituy of our own communicative abilities to tap its essence and deliver it without corrupting its form or purpose.

That is my foremost purpose. I know it is futile but for now, at least I know that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment